Why we were founded
Founded and headquartered in Incheon, the logistics hub in Korea, “KoreaAsia.biz” helps your “cross-border E-commerce” development in and around Korea by providing professional services: local online channels, customer services, cross-border delivery, social media marketing, and big data analysis.
Recent big wave of Korean online buyer is cross-border E-commerce. During year 2013, Korean online buyers purchased more than 1 billion USD1) from online shops outside of Korea to avoid multi-level distribution margins. But we found that there are no Korean language- online shops operated by Non-Korean online sellers.
Now we set for role as a virtual bridge between Non-Korean Sellers and Korea Buyers to increase both parties’ benefits. Furthermore we are planning to launch same services in developing countries around Korea.
1) Source: Korea Customs Service
Why still Korean E-commerce Market
- High B2C E-Commerce expenditure per capita
- Leading Asia Shopping Trend by K-Pop & TV programs
- World Best & Cheapest Internet & Mobile Infrastructure
- Low English Proficiency level among advanced economies
The 2013 Global E-Commerce Index
|Rank||Crountry||Market type||Online market size(40%)||Consumer behavior(20%)||Growth potential(20%)||Infra-structure(20%)||Online market attractleveness score|
|3||United States||Established and Growing||100.0||77.6||39.8||96.5||82.8|
|4||United Kingdom||Established and Growing||100.0||77.5||14.7||86.3||75.7|
|5||South Korea||Digital DNA||79.6||97.4||9.3||95.1||72.2|
|6||Germany||Established and Growing||90.3||78.3||28.1||65.1||70.4|
|7||France||Established and Growing||85.5||75.7||7.4||71.6||65.2|
|9||Australia||Established and Growing||15.7||89.4||46.2||86.9||50.8|
|10||Canada||Established and Growing||17.7||73.5||48.3||91.5||49.7|
Source : A.T.Kearney
Why Korean consumers buy from overseas online sellers
- Consumer Awareness about high importers’ margin
- Consumers’ rush for newly launching products
- Competitive Promotions from import agents for individual buyers
- Import Duty & Sales Tax Free for online individual buyers (Up to 100 USD from anywhere & 200 USD from U.S.A)
Kyoung Duk Yang
Belief : ‘The World is big, and there’s a lot to be done.’
- Business Consultant for Foreign Investors, Incheon Free Economic Zone Authority
- Relationship Manager for SME clients in Korea, Standard Chartered Bank
- Marketing Manager for S.E. Asia Distribution Channels, Samsung Electronics Co.
- Training Officer (1st Lieutenant), Republic of Korea Air Force
Current : firstname.lastname@example.org